Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy 4th...Just a little late!

We had a great, relaxing 4th of July. James and his buddy Beau went golfing that morning while the kids and I just hung out at home. We then had the Manutai family over for a little bar-b-que and then headed over to Peoria to watch the fireworks. They had a fun little carnival for the kids. They had a lot of fun, despite the heat. The fireworks show I must say was a little weak...or I guess it would be better to say it was short. But regardless we had a great day!

Walker made a cute new little friend. ;-) At least we know he has very good taste.
How does that saying go again? Something about when a boy hits you...
No worries though, she she wasn't going down that easy.
Brooklyn wasn't going to get beat either, especially not by a boy!
We got the kids these great light up swords...the funny thing was, the line was ridiculously long and James didn't want to wait so he went to a lady at the front and asked her to buy the swords for him. She was confused and it took him a minute to explain to her that he would give her the money, he just didn't want to wait in line. I think she's still a little confused.
We have about 30 pictures of the fireworks. James was having a grand ol' time with the camera but this was one of my favorites.
Well, since I am incapable of going anywhere without losing something no one will be surprised to know that somehow I managed to just forget I was holding my phone and dropped it out in the middle of a field. Luckily I had Klorissa! She kept calling my phone until someone answered. Then she went and found the lady who had found it. Thanks girl, I owe you big time!


2 comments:

The Wachel Family said...

Fun Aim! It looks like you had a great time...sometimes I miss the heat. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone!!!

Karin said...

We felt the same about the Peoria fireworks...funny didn't know we both saw them!
Great pictures! I need to figure out the right settings for fireworks. Glad you found your phone...scarey